Saturday, November 3, 2007

Express Any Gratitude You Feel For People In Your Life!

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like
wrapping a present and not giving it."

William Arthur Ward

One item on my list of tasks today was to call my health insurance office. What a pleasant surprise when my favorite person in that office answered the phone!

After asking her a question and receiving a succinct answer, I felt as though I wanted to share the gratitude I was feeling for all she has done for me in challenging times over the years. I acknowledged her for not only being efficient and helpful in every situation, but being extremely compassionate in helping me resolve some issues.

When I shared my feelings, she expressed that what I said brought tears to her eyes. She said it was a perfect time for her to hear these positive thoughts as this could be a challenging and emotional day for her in the office.

I let her know that I would not only fax the form I needed to send her, but would also write down my thoughts and fax them to her as well. Knowing that I made her day more joyful with acknowledgement of her as an empathetic and efficient person brought so much positive energy into my heart.

Are there wonderful thoughts you are having that you haven't yet shared with someone?

What a perfect month to express the gratitude you are feeling.

Go beyond wrapping that present of gratitude.

Give the present and feel the warmth in your heart. Priceless!

Copyright (c) 2007 Suzanne Holman

No comments: