Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Green Smoothie - A Glass of Fresh!

Yes, that is what Oprah called this drink when Dr. Oz prepared it for her on air!

Most mornings I throw together one of these super nutritious, refreshing drinks.
I know that I've gotten my day off to a great start without a lot of preparation.

Ingredients:

2 or more cups of spinach
1 1/2 cups water
about a square inch of fresh ginger, peeled
1 Tablespoon of Flax Oil
2 level scoops of Aria (powdered supplement of blended soy and whey protein)
1/2 scoop of BerrySplash, mixed berry powdered drink mix with Acai Berry
1 Tablespoon of L-Glutamine Amino Acid
1 scoop of Green Defense, super green foods powder

Directions:

Put spinach and chopped, peeled ginger into the blender.
Pout in the water.
Cover the blender.
Blend on high until the spinach and ginger are liquefied.
Add Flax Oil, Aria, BerrySplash, L-Glutamine, and Green Defense
Blend in 2 or 3 ice cubes...more if you want your drink more frozen

This is a way of getting mega nutrients into your body to support you when you are going through stressful times such as having Alzheimer's in the Family with a parent or other loved one with the disease. I won't go into all the amazing benefits of the ingredients right now. Another time I'll talk about that.

It's important to have equipment that makes creating the smoothie effortless.
I use an Osterizer blender. What I have now is their 12-speed blender. This is an amazingly powerful blender. I've been doing daily shakes with this one for several years and it is still going strong. I have noticed that the bottom of the glass container where the mechanism is may be leaking....wearing out a bit. Rather than checking into getting a new part....usually a tedious process, I am purchasing a new one....

I've chosen the Osterizer 14-speed blender. The 12-speed doesn't seem to be readily available. I'm confident that this one will be as good...and even better than the 12-speed. I found it online at walmart.com. It came up on Google and the price is incredible...$24.88 and is available with their Site to Store with no shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3946735


When you compare this blender to various prestige ones on the the web costing hundreds of dollar, I recommend this one. I've been very satisfied with the performance and durability. Other typical blenders just don't handle this type of blending job as well. Having the glass container is a plus also.

No comments: